How to use Little Mashies Reusable Food Pouches
Using Little Mashies reusable squeeze pouches is easy! They save money and the environment, and they are a healthy alternative to pre-packaged foods. Our quality and design is so high that you can reuse our product up to 100 times when you follow the simple instructions below:
To fill reusable yoghurt and baby pouches:
Wash before use. Then, simply open the ziplock at the bottom and fill the reusable food pouch with a spoon, pitcher, or funnel. Fill your Little Mashies 3/4 full (or to the fill line) then close the ziplock. Wipe away any excess dribbles, take the cap off and give it to your cutie pie to squeeze and enjoy! To make sure the anti-leak ziplock is clicked into place press it firmly or bite it with your teeth until you feel it seal.
The Little Mashies reusable food pouch recipe book ( available here) contains 20 sugar free squeezable recipes as well as a baby feeding guide for introducing solids. You can use your Little Mashies reusable food pouches for yoghurt, frozen smoothies, or for baby food on the go.
To clean reusable yoghurt and baby pouches:
When you get home wash the pouch with warm soapy water and a bottle brush. Because of the curved shape food runs straight out. It takes about 20 seconds! Even left in a lunch box all day Little Mashies will clean easily because there are no corners or gussets for food to get stuck. This is what makes our product so great! All Little Mashies reusable yoghurt and baby food pouches are see through when held up to light. This way you can always double check they are 100% clean. But like we said, they have been designed with no corners so the food has no where to get stuck anyway!
To dry reusable yoghurt and baby pouches:
Place a whisk, spatula, or large spoon inside the pouch with the ziplock open and pop it in a glass on the window sill. It will dry overnight with the ziplock wide open and the cap removed. Creating airflow like this will help maximise the life of the reusable food pouch.
Little Mashies are safe to use in steam sterilisers, or with liquid and tablet sterilisers commonly used for baby bottles and teats. Do not boil Little Mashies reusable food pouches. Little Mashies are safe to use with warm food but extremely high temperatures will decrease the life of the pouch.
How to use Little Mashies Reusable Wrap, Bake & Cover Sheets
Little Mashies reusable stretch wraps are a lifesaver! Literally! Single use plastic is taking over our oceans. Choose Earth and help us put a stop to disposable plastics. Our food grade silicone stretch wraps are a great first step to cutting out disposable plastic wrap. They are BPA free, non-toxic, hot and cold safe and oven proof! You can use them to cover bowls, wrap food, or instead of baking paper.
1. Remove wraps from packaging and peel off backing strip.
2. Wash before use in warm soapy water or the dishwasher. Hang over a utensil or dish rack to dry.
3. To use as a bowl covering choose a wrap the same size as the bowl. Ensure the bowl is dry on all the surfaces that the wrap might touch (and ensure the wrap is dry).
**Bumpy side of wrap faces up**
4. Hold both corners of the wrap on the front side of the bowl, pulling and stretching the wrap towards the other edge. You should not have to stretch too much as the bowl and wrap should essentially be the same size BUT you do need to stretch a little to get the wrap to adhere to both sides of the bowl.
5. If you feel like you need an extra hand an easy way to do it is to stretch the first side, then rotate the bowl so that side is leaning up against your body (like an extra hand sticking it down), then use your two other hands to stretch the other two corners out. Rotate the bowl as you go sticking each corner down.
6. Once stuck onto the bowl place it in the fridge or take it with you to a party. Try not to put anything on top of the bowl as this may damage the wrap.
7. To use as a baking paper alternative simply place it on your tray, put your roast vegetables, biscuits or whatever you are cooking on top and use as per normal baking paper. Do not heat over 180 degrees Celcius. Wash and dry after use.
8. To use to wrap sandwiches this takes a little practice as it isn't exactly the same as disposable plastic wrap. Place the sandwich in the middle of the smooth side of the wrap. Fold each side around the sandwich like you would with traditional disposable plastic wrap. Silicone wrap requires a little stretch to stick so you will need to stretch as you go.
9. To use to wrap food ensure the food is dry! For melons, pumpkins and avocado's you will need to use a tea towel to dry the outside. Stretch the wrap over the produce just as you would with a bowl. Choose the wrap that best fits the size of the food, remembering you want it to stretch a little but not a lot!
How to use Little Mashies Reusable Food Storage Bags
How to use Little Mashies Reusable Straws (click here to shop)
How to use Little Mashies Leftover Lids?
Little Mashies leftover lids are the perfect kitchen accessary to have for those who always have half eaten tomatoes, avocado's, apples, limes and lemons! It wipes out the need for single use plastic wrap and it keeps the food fresher for longer.
Leftover Lids come in a set of 4, they are BPA free, dishwasher safe and non- toxic.
1. Wash and dry before use.
2. Choose a leftover lid that matches the size of the half eaten piece of food.
3. Place the open flat side of the food inside the leftover lid and store in fridge as usual.
4. Using normal food safety guidelines, eat food as needed and wash the lids after use.
How to use Little Mashies Reusable Bowl Covers?
Our Little Mashies stretch bowl cover set is perfect to have in a house where there are always half eaten meals and leftovers! The set includes 6 sizes that can be stretched over bowls, jars and cups so that you can create an airtight barrier when storing in the fridge. These heavy duty reusable bowl covers are BPA free, dishwasher safe and non- toxic.
1. Wash in warm soapy water or the dishwasher before use.
2. Dry by hanging over a utensil, in the dish rack, or with a tea towel.
3. When cover and bowl are both dry choose the size that best matches the bowl size.
4. Holding a tab place one side of the cover over the bowl and rotate the bowl around whilst pulling the other tabs down so that the cover is stretched over the bowl opening.
6. Place in fridge and eat your leftovers when hungry! Wash and dry cover after use.